With just a bit of modification this sounds like a great lunch or even an appetizer for a party! So glad I came across this from Martha Stewart sharing Emeril’s recipe!
Emeril’s Kicked-Up Tuna Melts
Little ones will have fun measuring and mixing ingredients for the tuna melts.
- PREP: 15 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MINS
- SERVINGS: 4
- 4 cans (5 ounces each) solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, plus more for spreading
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion – #modification – Omit due to Fructose
- 4 teaspoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled between your fingers
- 4 slices crusty bread – #modification- I use Gluten Free bread
- 8 thin slices tomato – #modification – I use Roma Tomatoes
4 slices provolone cheese
Heat broiler, with rack in highest position. In a medium bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, onion, capers, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and oregano and stir until thoroughly combined.
Arrange bread on a baking sheet and spread a little mayonnaise on each slice. Divide tuna salad evenly among slices, then top each with 2 slices tomato and 1 slice cheese. Broil until cheese is golden brown and bubbling, 3 to 4 minutes.
I can’t wait to try this! My mouth is watering…
What do you think?