Seriously, within minutes that one drawer that becomes your stash all, and the one drawer that can cause you the most frustration can be organized and PRETTY!
Add more Simplicity to your life!
Chances are your kitchen junk drawer is well junky. Follow these simple organization steps to optimize this crucial storage space.
- Start by emptying the drawer. Toss any trash as you go. Things like expired coupons, old flyers, take out menus for restaurants you never order from, pieces of gum that are now covered in pencil shavings, and anything else you may find. If you don’t need it, get rid of it.
- Since you’re going through the drawer anyway, sort the contents into categories that make sense to you. Pencils and pens, keys, flashlights, whatever it is you might find. If you come across something that has No business being in your kitchen, bring it to its proper home. File away receipts and important documents and take unpaid bills over to your computer to handle as soon as possible.
- Once it’s empty, vacuum the drawer making sure to focus on corners and crevasses. Follow up with a damp cloth to be sure you’re working with a clean slate.
- Now you can get creative. Line the drawer with your favorite decorative print.
- Then add in modular dividers or small storage boxes to define your drawer space. Just remember you want to keep the items you use the most, like pens, stationary, and phone accessories, toward the front. And less used items like birthday candles or flash lights Towards the back.
and a quick KISS from RL!
(Keep is Simple Sweetie!)
One of the reasons I started this blog was at the advice of my son and husband due to the upcoming wedding of my son. Well I am on the countdown and it’s only 15 days away. I am now feeling the pressure which is a little different since I haven’t been that involved.
Well, let’s just say that has been hard since I spent 7 years as a wedding an event planner. Now, I agree that was from 1995 to 2002 and well, that makes me sound like an outdated wedding and event planner, but let’s just say… a wedding is a wedding.
Continue reading “This isn’t just college, he’s really going, going on his own.”
48 hours ago I found myself starting this weekend with “no plan”. I had a LONG “To do list”, but no plan. I knew what needed to be accomplished. I knew what my “stressors” were and what I should have accomplished in order to help ease my mind. I also knew what I really “wanted” to do. I do live a life of several personalities. Just as much as I love to be inside cleaning and “blessing my home”, I also desire to be “learning” and planning to Live Intentional and work on my future. But, with that, I long to be out socializing with my friends as I see their pictures pop up on Facebook. I just know that for now, ” I need to live like no one else, so I can live like no else” in the future!
There is a side of me that does love to be outside! Yes this a shocker to some. Wally has always been in charge of the outside of the house, but I do LOVE to Bless my home outside, in my own way. I tend to allow that to be the last place to be, I only have the weekend hours to take care of the Morrison’s so I end up spending more weekends working and doing and being side.
However, as the weekend progressed, I spontaneously got out of the house Saturday and decided to try 2 places to find my MOG dress. (oh for those not following, Mother of the Groom ALMOST purchased one but I really struggled with the price, and the fact that I would need to purchase my first pair of Spanks, and trust me, there was no forgiveness in this material, so it would have run from my ankles to my boobs! So, I snapped out of that, and walked out!
Continue reading ““Feel” was not on the To Do list, but it made it’s way, thankfully!”